New numbers have been released this morning of user numbers across social platforms.
- Facebook officially hits 2 billion monthly active users, taking a 500 million lead on YouTube.
- Facebook has been steadily growing at a rate of nearly a quarter of a million monthly active users annually since 2009.
- Beyond YouTube, only Facebook’s other apps have more than 1 billion, including WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger, with 1.2 billion each.
- Instagram might soon join that club as it recently rocketed past 700 million.
- Twitter has 328 million.
- Snapchat’s estimated 255 million (extrapolated from its December 2015 ratio when it had 110 million daily and 170 million monthly users).
Full article via Tech Crunch article here: https://techcrunch.com/2017/06/27/facebook-2-billion-users/